Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hello World!

I've finally done it! My first foray into blogosphere. So much nonsense in my head that I just had to find some way to organize them, and share them to the world at the same time.

Firstly, for the benefit of the non-locals, the title 'Spitting Lion' is a reference to the Merlion, a mythical creature - part-lion, part-fish. Considered by some the national symbol of Singapore, the island state from where I am looking upon this world. Considered by others the symbol of all things ironic with life in Singapore. For the simple reason that by spewing water out of its mouth, it is in direct violation of Singapore's infamous no-spitting law.

It is such ironies and other things weird and wonderful on this island state which are the inspiration for this blog. In my posts, you will find an alternative, quirky, perverse look at the rumblings and happenings in Singapore... and the world around it. BTW, no, Singapore is not part of China.

Suggestions, criticisms and any type of nonsense are most welcome. For any worthy ideas that I implement, you will receive due credit. And if you leave your postal address, you should receive a cheque in your mail shortly, signed 'The Lion King'.

Enjoy!

The Lion King



DISCLAIMER (always useful in a leetigious environment): Despite the occasional political undertones you may spot in some of my posts, I bear no hidden agenda - political, religious or otherwise. In any case, my interest is social issues. The humour you find here are designed for the sole purpose of entertainment (and passing idle time). I have the paper qualification to prove it...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home